Logmein Ignition

For users or potential users.
fmoore3

Logmein Ignition

Post by fmoore3 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:23 am

I just finished my first week using Open Dental. I can not say enough good things about the great support and conversion staff. If anyone has an iphone, Logmein has a new apple app called IGNITION, that can be downloaded from the app store for $29.95. It allows access to any computer that you have Logmein running. I just downloaded it and within seconds I was working live on Open Dental and reading xrays in Dexis, full resolution! It is fast if you are on WIFI and it also works well over the AT&T network. The only thing that does not show up is the teeth graphic in the upper left corner of the chart module.
Last edited by fmoore3 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

fmoore3

Re: Logmein Ignition

Post by fmoore3 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:49 am

Jeff Clay called and told me to uncheck "Use mirror display driver" in the preferences, remote control Settings portion of Logmein. It fixed the graphics. Thanks Jeff

roybloom

Post by roybloom » Fri May 01, 2009 5:09 pm

That is really cool. So you could see your appointment book? Can you make changes to the appointment book?

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Sat May 02, 2009 2:19 am

LogMeIn Ignition (exclusively an IPhone application) is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time! The cost of the application is a one time fee of $30. Of course, you need LogMeIn installed on the computer you connect with. You can use the free version or Pro version of LogMeIn on your computer. I am very new to using the IPhone so I expect there is some learning curve with learning to navigate around web pages with the IPhone but within 5 minutes of installing LogMeIn iginition on the IPhone, I was in Open Dental looking at the schedule, running and viewing reports, looking up patient information (think--needing a phone number of a patient!). As noted earlier, you can even view x-rays and photos. The possibilities are endless. I think it is a stretch to think you are going to do meaningful work on your IPhone like you would on a computer that is remotely connected via LogMeIn. But for looking up something like a phone number, checking your schedule for the next day in a pinch, etc, this is the greatest! I have not used the mobile version of OpenDental that was made available in a recent upgrade but as I understand it, it is a feature that synchs your smartphone (must be running Windows Mobile) with Open Dental which means the information is only as recent as the last synch. I would imagine the information that is available with the synch is limited. With LogMeIn Ignition, you are getting "live" up to date info with the entire program being available to you.

As far as speed, I don't have 3G in my area. My carrier has EDGE and it works well. Faster than the old "dial up" speeds I remember but certainly not high speed internet. Our area is scheduled to get 3G later in the year and I expect that to greatly improve the speed. Also, if you are in a location/building that has wireless internet available, you can switch your IPhone to Wireless Internet and the speed is great!