Eclaims Clearinghouse Opinions-2009

For users or potential users.
sparkly

Eclaims Clearinghouse Opinions-2009

Post by sparkly » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 am

I’m considering a switch for eclaims processor. I’ve pulled and read all archived info from last year and would like April 2009 opinions since some companies have improved functions and some may have dropped in stellar performance.
I’m considering ClaimConnect, Emdeon, and Tesia, mainly for lower cost since we don’t generate a high volume # of claims.
I don’t need e-attachment or e-billing.

For all above users:
Do these have a ‘one-time setup fee’ (besides emdeon)?
If you choose per-claim vs flat monthly fee, is there a MINIMUM fee you’ll be charged per month anyway?
Can u switch from per-claim to monthly later?

Tesia is the only one that dumps claim acceptance reports into OD…the others have their own interface which you have to open and peruse to check reports, etc.
For Tesia users, is this *really* beneficial to have it in OD or do you find it doesn’t really matter?

Thanks for any updated info and especially the history of how these clearinghouses have been working for you after a period of time.

Rickliftig

Re: Eclaims Clearinghouse Opinions-2009

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 am

Our Emdeon Reports DO show up in the -> Manage - Claims section of OD. They usually show up the next day and inform us of any errors, rejected claims and accepted claims. The payment from a routine submission is generally received in less than two weeks. Considering that postage is going up to 44 cents, the e-claims is a bargain. We probably send 100 claims per month - no attachments.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

sparkly

Re: Eclaims Clearinghouse Opinions-2009

Post by sparkly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:25 am

Thanks for that info. I didnt realize other programs also populated in OD like that. (OD's info pages mention tightest integration with Tesia.)
Any Tesia users/former users out here with comments??