SQL virus

For users or potential users.
hjoesaar

SQL virus

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 am

I was listening to the radio this morning and they announced a new SQL virus. They said is was especially nasty - How could it affect Open Dental? Also, I've been lacking because I don't use an anti-virus software. I had Symantec's antivirus software but it was so big and bulky that it slowed down all of our computers. What does OD recommend we use?

tdong

Re: SQL virus

Post by tdong » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:15 am

wow scary isn't lol just joking. Mainly Sql virus only attack web base account by sending UDP file to Open Port (port 3306). OD is not a webserve and if you close the port on the router it is pretty much safe (the port should be close by default).

And by the way virus is rarely infect computer anymore only Spam. For the last two years my company never had any virus only Spam on every single computer because user went to websites. Use Malewarebytes (it is free) should remove every spammer out there. Good luck

hjoesaar

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:56 am

whew, that makes me feel bette. Thanks!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 am

Get Avast RIGHT NOW and install it on all your computers. Don't do anything else. Run, don't walk. I can't believe you don't have antivirus protection.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com