Recall, not prophy or perio

For users or potential users.
savvy

Recall, not prophy or perio

Post by savvy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm

I can not delete recall status of Prophy or Perio.

I have patients that have complete implant/abutment supported dentures.
Their recall is neither a Prophy or Perio.
I have set up a recall type called "Hybrid".
It consists of D0330 Pano and D6080 Implant Maintenance.
The recall consists a pano, removing the prostheses by unscrewing the screws, soft tissue and cancer exam, cleaning the prostheses in an ultrasonic, polishing the abutments and replacing (replacing the screws every 3 years), then sealing the access openings.
The interval is 9 months.
Currently, all my patients in this situation have two recalls, Prophy and Hybrid.
I can change the Prophy status to Perio, but I can not delete it.
How can I delete it,

Thank you!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Recall, not prophy or perio

Post by jordansparks » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Disable it. Incidentally, the bug with the autonotes was finally tracked down and fixed.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Hmmmm,
I don't want to disable it for everyone, just certain patients.
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:57 pm

savvy wrote:Hmmmm,
I don't want to disable it for everyone, just certain patients.
you can do it by patient. when you open the recall box and open prophy, check the Disable box on the top left. this affects only that patient's prophy recall.

jordan, what version will the "-1 autonotes" fix be added in?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:06 am

Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:49 am

Since upgrading to 6.4 I'm having problems deleting and disabling recalls. I have an edentulous new patient that I'm trying to delete the Prophy recall for (I'm using a different recall type for edentulous). When I click the delete button I get the "Delete Recall?" prompt, click OK but it's still there. So, I tried disabling it, but it still shows up in the recall list on the main patient page. Since there's no history of a prophy I can't figure out why it wouldn't let me delete it - and I don't get any error message either. Anyone else having this problem? Do I need to synchronize my recalls after this upgrade?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

All patients must have either a prophy recall or a perio recall. All patients with no exceptions even if no history. But disabling it should work. If you can't disable it, I would call that a bug. If you really think you have a bug, then contact our support and get us a copy of your database. Then, we can try to duplicate the exact problem on the exact same patient. Keep track of which patient it was.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 am

I can understand wanting to enforce a recall for every patient so they aren't lost in the system. I just wish the custom type we added could meet that recall requirement - it doesn't make sense to force a prophy or perio recall on an edentulous patient.

I did disable it, but it still shows up on the main family screen - so there's no way to tell that it's disabled without double-clicking the recall. Can you change it so disabled recall types aren't displayed on the main screen? I think it's confusing to have them displayed when they're disabled.

Thanks!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh, I see. It's not showing a date. It's just showing. And that is the objection. I think the visual cue is simply that there's no date.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am

For our nursing home patients we receive their paperwork via fax in advance and enter it in Open Dental so we can track the new patients needing to be scheduled. We enter either a prophy or edentulous recall (depending on what their paperwork says), so we know to schedule them with the hygienist or the dentist. If the visual clue is the date missing, that doesn't help us for these new patients until they are seen for the first time - because the date is blank in both of them. The recall list is coming up correctly so we'll manage - it's just more clicking to have to go into the recall to see which one is disabled. Also, it's confusing to the user entering the information to have the delete button do nothing - could there be a message so the user knows the prophy recall can't be deleted, only disabled?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Sounds like a good request: Don't show disabled recalls in Family module.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Just out of curiosity:

Why can't they be deleted? I am not sure I understand the importance of the restriction of not being able to delete individual recalls.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 pm

The rule is that ALL patients must have a prophy or perio recall in the system. If we let people delete the recall, then they will fall through the cracks. In the recall list, they can be easily filtered out, but you never have to worry any more about a patient falling through the cracks.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 am

I found today that you can't delete it for non-patients either. I accidentally went into the recall section for a non-patient, meaning to go there for a patient. It automatically added a Prophy recall and won't let me delete it. Can you please allow that for non-patients?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am

I've added that as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:58 am

I thought this was working pretty seemlessly for us because the Prophy recall will now indicate when it's disabled. However, I just ran across a problem. The main 'Recall Due' date (patient.dateRecallDue) comes from the prophy recall, even if it's disabled. So for edentulous patients where I've added a custom recall type and disabled the Prophy, that field is blank. They still come up on my recall list because I've set that in the Recall Setup section. Where I noticed the problem was in the sheets where I had a letter that used patient.dateRecallDue to let the responsible party know when we'd see the patient again for the next recall - it was blank. Would it be possible to be able to set a type other than Propy as the "main" recall type for a patient? Or is there another work around for edentulous patients I could use that I'm not thinking of?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:20 am

That's a good point. There are a number of improvements I would like to make, regardless of what I've seen on the request list. Maybe I should start a page in the manual.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 am

Another problem for the custom recall type is when I try to use the "Schedule Recall" button from Make/Find Appt or from the Recall list I get the "No Recall Due" message.
Thanks