Changing Order of Planned Appointments-Vote for Me!!

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Changing Order of Planned Appointments-Vote for Me!!

Post by jclaydds » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

I have been a user of Open Dental for a year now and I love this program! After practicing for 25 years, the decision to change from my former practice management software and go to Open Dental was a good one for me and serves our practice's needs quite well. One of the nicest additions to the program in the past year has been the ability to make multiple planned appointments. For our purposes, it just needs one small tweak. I occasionally change my mind about which order I want to accomplish the appointments. Often the patient changes their mind about what they want done next. Often an urgent need will arise that moves an appointment to the top of the list. Currently you can't change the order of the planned appointments. The last planned appointment you enter defaults to the bottom of the list. You only choice is to try to verbally communicate to the front desk to schedule another appointment rather than the one that it is on the top of the list or delete all the planned appointments and re-enter them in the proper order. I envision being able to possibly change the order of the planned appointments with the up and down arrows that are used in other parts of the program.

I have it listed as a feature request and it currently has 102 votes. If you are having similar challenges with the inability to change the order of the planned appointments, please cast a few of your votes to this request and hopefully we can move it a little higher on the list and get this accomplished at some point in the future.

Thanks

Jeff

Rickliftig

Re: Changing Order of Planned Appointments-Vote for Me!!

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:46 pm

Jeff - I wonder if it would be even easier to have a ranking field next to the planned appointment (the descriptions can be rather cryptic and many look the same. I have cases where there are two appointments that show as "A2s A2s", yet one may be crucial to do next and the other not so important) - then our front desk would only have to choose the highest number.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net