How to archive

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

How to archive

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Maybe this doesn't belong on this forum, but I will ask anyway. Since I have converted from MOGO to OD, I am using MOGO less and less. What would be the best way to archive MOGO and all its contents prior to removing it from my computers? Thanks

Rickliftig

Re: How to archive

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 pm

That's a great question as many of us are in the same boat. Certainly I have kept one copy for reference on our front computer. Then I plan to have on copy on the home computer and several backups on CD-ROM (multiple copies). In my old program, the info was almost entirely financial as opposed to treatment data and so most of it was transferred when I converted. Just remember, some of these copies may have readable data in it (Ie. SSN's) and should be kept in a secure place. Even without the program, it's easy to sift through the data and get personal info.

I still have my DOS based program available (I used that before 1999) and every once in a blue moon I have to do a look-up. Sometimes it's an old time patient who stiffed me and is shocked that I still have the record of it ---- Never get your dentist mad at you <G>.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net