Last name accidently entered with a space in front.

For users or potential users.
DavidWolf

Last name accidently entered with a space in front.

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:06 pm

I just had an interesting mishap...my staff acccidently entered a patient's last name with a space in the first character space. When searching for the name it would not show in the list because the first character was wrong.

Anyway, I initially thought that it was a bug because the patient was in the schedule and if you selected the patient from the schedule they were there but not if you tried to search for them from the patient list.

I happened to see the patient's payment in the deposit window and noticed that the name was not lined this clued me into our error.
So I searched my database in the last name with the first character as a space a there she was with one other patient.

I doubt that this is a big problem, but it just takes a quick search to see if you may have any mystery patient's that would be hard to find by last name entered this way. Not sure if it would be worth it for the datatbase tool to look for these entry errors??

drtech

Re: Last name accidently entered with a space in front.

Post by drtech » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:50 am

yes, that would be a good thing to add to the search box, to search for spaces in front, or correct this w/database maint. We have had the space in front of the name issue probably about 10 times in the last 3 years.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com