passwords

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

passwords

Post by jamesx2 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Just another suggestion to possibly add to the list of improvements.

Our hospital has a tough security protocol. They like to have every password meet certain requirements as to length of the password, must include upppercase and lowercase, and numbers. They also require that the password be changed every 3 months. It would be great if OD could prompt each user to automatically change their password at a set interval period of time. The user can then enter their new password and OD would make sure that they new password meets the specific requirements before changing it.

We have about 20 employees using OD currently. I am afraid to let anyone else mess with the passwords so I am personally entering them. That means every 3 months I get to collect new passwords from the staff and then rekey them all into OD myself.

I understand that this is not a big priority for most offices but it would be great if we can add it to the bottom of the list for future enhancements for those offices that are worried about security issues. I would think the schools would be interested in this enhancement.

tdong

Post by tdong » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:36 am

From a hacker point of view no one try to rack the password anymore they go directly at the database. Beside are you running window xp and server 2003 ? why not enforce the password there only

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:49 am

1) this is china anything is possible
2) this was not really my request but the man that is in charge of hospital's IT. He asked me to see if this can be added, security is really not my concern. I enjoy all the other goodies the program has to offer.