small 3D tooth chart

For users or potential users.
dreden

small 3D tooth chart

Post by dreden » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 am

I just upgraded one of my computers and now when I run Open Dental on that computer the 3D tooth chart is really really small and in the bottom left corner. I am running vista and the video card has new drivers. The other computers are running fine...... Please help!

THX

Jorgebon

Re: small 3D tooth chart

Post by Jorgebon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 am

Try changing the graphics settings in Open Dental by going to the main menu and selecting File, Graphics. Once in that window select different options until you find the one that works.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:49 am

Well, that's interesting. Never heard of that before. Is it Vista 32 bit or 64 bit?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

zt22

Post by zt22 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but I'm having this same problem and the suggested solution doesn't apply to the version of OD i'm running. Although several of my PCs are Vista (32 bit), only one of these is showing the tooth chart really small. The suggestion above of File>graphics is not available on my OD probably coz I have an older version (4.4.17). Any suggestions how to fix this?

On a possibly related note, I also have an issue with the calender on the appointment view running over to the right side of the screen so that you can barely see the column for Saturday (on all of my Vista's but not the XPs).

So, I thought both these issues might be related to the version of the .NET used by OD (it's an older installer & still uses the older .NET v1.1 - i think).

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Which begs the obvious question:

Why are you running such an old version of OD?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA