Mistakenly Set an Appointment Complete

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Mistakenly Set an Appointment Complete

Post by jclaydds » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 am

Using Version 6.3.5
I was in the schedule module yesterday and mistakenly set a long appointment with multiple procedures "complete" by hitting the blue check mark. I realized immediately what I had done so I doubled clicked on the appt and set the status back to "scheduled". I realize that when you set an appointment complete, it posts the procedures to the account. I expected the behavior of the program to "undo" the posting on the account when I went back and set the appointment back to scheduled. After changing the status to "scheduled, I checked the account and the procedures were still posted. I wasn't sure of the best way to fix it but I choose to click on each procedure in the account and delete them one by one. I think this deleted the procedures off the appointment schedule and they were already off the treatment plan when I set the appointment complete initially. At this point, I don't even know what the procdures are that was initially on the appointment. I did have the original treatment plan saved so I was able to go back and figure out what the procedures were for the appointment. Later, I realized I could have also gotten this information off the audit trail for the patient as well.

Could I have handled this better or differently? Should the program behave as it did or should you be able to "undo" something you set complete by changing it back to "Scheduled" and these procedures be removed from the account and be reinstated to the treatment plan?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Mistakenly Set an Appointment Complete

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:11 am

You should have clicked on each procedure one by one and set the status back to TP. There was no point in deleting the procedures. We could add a feature for "set all procedures in an appointment to TP". You could add that to the feature request system.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com