Canadian eclaim

For users or potential users.
ronbob

Canadian eclaim

Post by ronbob » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:13 am

we have being using OD for the past few years in quebec. Now a clinic wants eclaims and has decided to try exceldent just for eclaims (modem based). Is anyone using this software? iis anyone using the ITRANS along with OD? Thanks

dramenard

Re: Canadian eclaim

Post by dramenard » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Hello,

I'm also planning to give a try to exceldent. I'm presently waiting for a response from OD tech service concerning the possible creation of a bridge between OD and Exceldent. I had no response so far.

dramenard

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:44 am

That question has been waiting on me for an answer. I do not know how to answer it. Most bridges we build are very simple; to launch an imaging program or similar. We have built a few very complex bridges, and they were generally failures. Canadian certification seems to have recently gotten easier, so we are again pursuing it. But I'm very hesitant to give anyone false hope because we've been down this road a number of times. Canadian certification has always been just out of reach, and it has been very frustrating for a few offices to wait for years when they only expected to wait a few months.

I just don't know what a bridge like that would look like. I would rather pour our resources into certification for OD.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Mifa

Post by Mifa » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 am

We're using OD since june 2007 in QC and tried to bridge it with our previous PMS (Adstra) for eclaims. We thought we had it right, but after a few months in production, it turned out that it was not working with the newest Adstra version. We've switched since to the limited-version of Exceldent (less expensive and more user-friendly than Adstra) for eClaims, treatment plan and RAMQ. We use it with ITRANS. We've made the switch from Adstra to Exceldent at the beginning of the year. Within a day we were fully operational.

I've asked Cerebra (Exceldent makers) if they would consider helping us build a bridge with OD: they are not interested at all.

Chances to be able to bridge OD and Exceldent by ourselves seem very low IMHO. Exceldent uses an MS SQL Server password-protected database. I haven't been able to find out their DB schema, and they don't want to share it either) and I'm reluctant to force my way in...

Bottom line we'll keep using Exceldent together with OD and go through double entry until OD becomes Canadian-friendly (eClaims)...