Query Request- Number of unscheduled hours

For users or potential users.
savvy

Query Request- Number of unscheduled hours

Post by savvy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Each of my ops have 7 hours available for procedures.
For many reasons there is available time that has not had a procedure associated with it.
For example, a patient is scheduled for procedures between 9:00 and 10:15, but the next patient isn't scheduled untill 10:45.
Or, the 4:00 hyg patient calls from his cell phone to say that he can't be there due to traffic of the bridge.
I would like to know how much potential time is not being used.

Can someone help me?

Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Query Request- Number of unscheduled hours

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 pm

So you're looking for blocks of time when there are no appointments at all in any of the ops, right? I started to write a strategy for doing this with a query, but it's just too complex. I think it requires the full power of a programming language to process the data. So it would have to be a feature request. Maybe for "unutilized time" or "empty chair time".
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Re: Query Request- Number of unscheduled hours

Post by savvy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:52 pm

OK, a request will be made.

Currently, I just go back through the schedule and count open hour blocks of time.

Seven years ago, I discovered that though I was at the office 3.5days a week, I had open time here and there. I decided to see how much. It was close to 4 hours a week. So I took off one half day. Actually increased production because my patients scheduled right away instead of putting it off a few weeks, which we all know turns into months.
Worked less, made more.

Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy