Digital X-ray recommendation needed

For users or potential users.
msgill5

Digital X-ray recommendation needed

Post by msgill5 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:36 pm

We are looking to buy a digital x-ray sensor for our small office. So far I have looked at:

Dexis: Too expensive. :(
EVA with ProImage SW: The quality was not too good. I think it has CMOS based sensor
Gendix with Vixwin Platinum SW: Mid range with acceptable quality

So we are leaning towards Gendix. Does anyone here have any recommendations for Sensors and Software.

If we could only afford one sensor, should it be Gendix Size #1 ?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

murmsk

Re: Digital X-ray recommendation needed

Post by murmsk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 am

I would look at owandy sensors with apteryx software and the xdr package which I think is an eva sensor .
steve

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:40 am

What is special about Owandy? Image quality? Pricing? How much will it cost to have size 1 and size 2 sensors? Thanks.

jonesrdh

Post by jonesrdh » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 pm

I don't know the cost, but we are a small office and got Dexis. What we did to cut costs was bought one laptop and put it on a rolling cart. Then we are able to transport it between our three rooms. We usually only work out of one room. With Dexis there is only one size sensor so it eliminates cost that way as well. Like I said though I have no idea about the cost of it. The one thing as an RDH that I LOVE about Dexis is that they cut off the corners of the sensor and rounded them. So essentially the sensor is much smaller than size 2 film.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:13 pm

owandy has a good reputation (the manufacturer is good). xdr is NOT eva, it is an e2v type ... big difference. the e2v is a good quality sensor for about 6k as far as i remember. it's a better-quality for the lower end of the $ spectrum...since no Dexis is possible...the porsche of sensors.

jseetdds

Post by jseetdds » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:10 am

We've used xdr in our ofc for 5 yrs. It is competitively priced and user-friendly.