Graphical chart/ video card problems

For users or potential users.
Dr.G

Graphical chart/ video card problems

Post by Dr.G » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:32 am

I started using 5.0.15 in the office after testing it at home for a while. At the office the graphical chart on 3 computers is not acceptable (with or without OD hardware acceleration option). I'm trying to figure out why. All 7 computers are new Dells w/ have plenty of processor and 1Gb of ram. The only common thread I see in the non-working computers is the video card:

-2 computers w/ 128Mb ATI X300 video cards = work fine
-2 computers w/ onboard Intel shared graphics card= work fine

-3 computers w/ 128Mb Nvidia cards= don't work properly

I bought the Nvidia cards for dual monitor capability in the operatories, but now I have to use the simple tooth chart in the ops which is very tough.

Do I need to get new graphic cards or is there some other fix?

DrG

EagleWing

Post by EagleWing » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:38 am

Hello
Check out this thread: http://odent.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=146.
Also, could it be the drivers?
It seem to be a bug, I'm not sure though.
I had a slow down problem but that was solved with the OD hardware acceleration option.

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:48 pm

You could try changing a few settings to see if that helps while Jordan works on the problem. You can change the color quality from 32 bit to 16 bit in the Windows Display Properties. You could also open the advanced settings and change the settings in the Troubleshooting tab.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD

Dr.G

Post by Dr.G » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:31 pm

I plugged the 12 oclock monitor into the intel onboard video card and at least that monitor works OK, still just a bit slower than before but it works adequately.

DrG

Okra

Post by Okra » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:52 pm

One office has 5 dell optiplex 320 with ati card can't handle hardware acceleration. I set all to simple. One dell, for which I forgot the model number, has Intel built-in graphic, works great with hardware acceleration. I set that to simple too.

One office has 2 dell...forgot spec, run well with hardware acceleration. I set to simple.

I hope those offices run well with RDC, which I'll test tomorrow.