For users or potential users.
jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:16 am

Just updated to version 5.0. I use a view on the scheduler that includes the patient's chart number but now all I can see is the words chart number but cant see the actual number because it is to long to see. Is there a way to remove the words chart number so I can actually see the chart numbers? We usually print off the scheduler with these numbers showing so we can pull charts.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:59 am

Sure.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:10 pm

I also just noticed that the chart number was removed from the pop up window. We actually use chart number not patient numbers here. The chart number is the patients hospital chart number. The only way we can find the patients chart in the hospital is to have the chart number. The patients number is really of no use to us. Anyway, can we have it back to the way it was? By removing the chart number from the pop up window and also hiding from our view in the scheduler the program has become almost unusable to us now. We have no way to match the chart to the patient. We can not use names because in china a lot of people have the same name. Now the only way we can use the program is to keep clicking back to the family screen for every patient to see if we have the correct chart.

Four things we need to identify a patient:
Name- You have but only of slight use in china (we probably have 50 an li's in the practice and 100 dong mei wangs)
Sex (title)- currently not in OD
Chart number- You have removed or made unusable in scheduler
DOB- currently not used in pt selection screen- The staff is currently using the old computer system to look up patients when they call to find their chart numbers then clicking over to OD and entering the chart number.

So I am begging you to please put out a update to fix at least the chart numbers. We can then limp along until you add the title and DOB options. I am almost afraid to go into work on monday- The staff will have my head.

Chart number = CN
Patient number = PN

That way the number can show on scheduler. :)

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:48 pm

OK. I fixed it. Foreign version or USA version? If I don't get it posted quickly enough for you, don't forget that you can set your appointment view to include a chartnumber/name field. It shows very easily in the current version. I just tested it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:50 pm

we are using the american version. Also can you let me know how to update. Do we just do it the same way? Enter in code and it will automatically update?

We have it set up in the view screen but because the words "chart number" is so long that is all we can see on each appt. The actual number is truncated. The number can not be seen because the appt block is not wide enough to view it.

Due to the number of columns each one is a bit narrow so all we currently see is:

Dong meiwang
Chart number: 1
$130

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Did you understand my previous message? You can currently make it show like this:
123 Dong meiwang
$130

Do you understand that?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:24 pm

no I did not know that, just fixed it on the computers. This will work for us. Thank you. We can now see the chart number so we are good.