Topaz Installation

For users or potential users.
tmv2

Topaz Installation

Post by tmv2 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi,

I have the Topaz T-LBK462-HSB SignatureGem Backlit LCD 1x5. Is there anything special I need to do to get it working with Open Dental?
I have installed SigPlus Basic from http://www.topazsystems.com/Software/index.htm. During the installation, I answered "NO" to signing with Excel, Word or Acrobat.

When signing the TP, I clicked the "Sign Topaz" button and started signing in the device, but nothing happened. I bought Topaz on Ebay, so it could be a bad lemon.

thanks.

wjstarck

Re: Topaz Installation

Post by wjstarck » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:25 am

Are you sure you chose the correct driver for your pad during the installation?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

tmv2

Post by tmv2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:25 am

Yes. The driver was correctly installed. I did reinstall it with Word/Excel support, chose the correct topaz model, and the HSB connection type.

I found out the problem. It was a current conducting issue in the pen, so I adjusted the spring at the end of the pen's cap. Didn't realize the pen use batteries.

Now I'm able to sign Word/Excel documents with the Topaz, but no luck in OpenDental. For some reason, OpenDental directed the input to the mouse instead of the Topaz. So I'm able to sign with the mouse, but not with the Topaz. Anyone knows why?

tmv2

Post by tmv2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:54 am

Nevermind. Not sure what happened, but it suddenly works now.

thanks.