Statement set up

For users or potential users.
dds02

Statement set up

Post by dds02 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Is there a way to set up the Statement tab in the account module to print current pt last 45 days by default instead of having to go through options every time?

Thanks,

Dennis

dds02

Post by dds02 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 am

Does anyone think this would be a good feature to add, or am I the only one?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:55 am

True that more options and more flexibility are better. But that request probably isn't going to happen immediately. Is there a possibility that you could get by with something else? Like maybe the ordinary statement? Can't the patient just ignore all the other family members if they want?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

dds02

Post by dds02 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:00 pm

True, but there is enough patient's confusion about their statements. Sometimes ins. co has paid in full for one member and not the other, we want to be able to bill that pt only until the pmnt is received for another family member so the patient does not call our office requesting an explanation for changing balance every time.

We also offer some not transferable birthday gift certificates to our patients, then they try to transfer those one account to the next, creating missunderstandings.

We could sure do it by making a few extra clicks, but my front office staff have to remember to do it, and if they don't always.

Plus this wastes paper and printer ink unnecessarily, not that I'm too concerned, but still.

I've been using OD for a long time without this feature and will continue to do so waiting for it is not a problem. I just hope you feel that is a useful feature and given an opportunity will incorporate it into the software.

Sorry for the long post.

Dennis

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:39 pm

i think it is a good idea...you are not the only one! :)
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com