Confusing installer

For users or potential users.
wjstarck

Confusing installer

Post by wjstarck » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:25 am

Morning-

Whenever I update (by checking for updates under Help), the sequence to be followed is somewhat confusing.

Two windows pop up - one that is titled After Installation, and the Installshield Wizard window.

The problem is, the After Installation Window says "After installlation, please click Next". However, the Installshield Wizard complains about this window running, and won't continue until it is closed, a classic Catch-22!

I've always have ignored what the After Installation window says and just closed it, with seemingly no ill effects.

Can this be cleaned up somehow?

Thx,

Bill Starck, DDS

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:34 am

I'm really not sure what popup you are referring to. I could not find any window called "After Installation". Are you talking about the one that says this?: "Download succeeded. Setup program will now begin. When done, restart the program on this computer, then on the other computers." It's just reminding you what to do next. You do have to click OK before beginning the setup program.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:22 pm

jordansparks wrote:I'm really not sure what popup you are referring to. I could not find any window called "After Installation". Are you talking about the one that says this?: "Download succeeded. Setup program will now begin. When done, restart the program on this computer, then on the other computers." It's just reminding you what to do next. You do have to click OK before beginning the setup program.

No, that's not it.

Whenever the next update after 5.014 comes out, I'll post screen shot of the sequence that occurs when I update....

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am

We do not have any window in our program with the text "after installation" or "click next". I just did a text search. Are you sure it's an OD window?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com