Statement shows 0 balance by mistake

For users or potential users.
ejanson

Statement shows 0 balance by mistake

Post by ejanson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:13 pm

I've had this situation pop up 2 or 3 times during the past year. I'm currently using version 5.1.29.0. This patient's current statement prints out showing a 0 balance. In reality she still owes exactly $100. This error is occuring to a family member who has received credit for split payments and multiple insurance payments during the past year or 2. Running 'Database Maintenance' and 'Reallocate Family Balances' has not helped. I then deleted all lines of this patient's account, except for the one line which doesn't allow deletion due to its attachment to a deposit (see image). As you can see in the image, the family aging balance, account sheet blance, and Est Balance are still all different. Somehow, this patient is still getting a mystery $100 credit? I also can't find any cluse when looking at this patient's audit sheet. Thanks for any ideas to resolve this.

Thanks!
Ethan

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Statement shows 0 balance by mistake

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:39 pm

So there is something slightly wrong with your database. As we run across situations like this, we add them to Database Maint tool. So in a version after 5.1, we have almost certainly included a fix in the tool. If at all possible, you should upgrade to at least 6.0, and possibly 6.1. If that is not possible, you could just abandon that patient and start a new patient/family.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

ejanson

Re: Statement shows 0 balance by mistake

Post by ejanson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks Jordan. You're fast response is very appreciated!