Which fee schedule should I set up?

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Which fee schedule should I set up?

Post by fishdrzig » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:38 am

I participate with only two insurance company plans, therefore, the insurance company dictates what I can charge and I eat the rest (so to speak). What is the best fee schedule type to set up for such an arrangement? Thanks

Toothdr97

Re: Which fee schedule should I set up?

Post by Toothdr97 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:25 am

I have found that most insurances want to know your regular fees and want you to submit them. They will then "downgrade" the fee and you write it off in the insurance payment table. Most insurance want to know the regular fees so that they can keep up with the reasonable and customary for your area.
Just a thought:)

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Make a fee schedule for every insurance company you contract with. You can set the type of plan (probably PPO percentage), the fee schedule and the percentages in the insurance plan edit window for the patient.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 pm

I agree with JorgeBon and would add that this (enter fee schedule, use PPO percentage type, select fee sched ininsurance window) is the only way to both charge your patient the correct amount and keep track of the difference between your fee and the PPO fee (PPO writeoff). IF you care not about this difference, you could use category percentage insurance type and enter the fee schedule the same way.