Default billing entity

For users or potential users.
drtmz

Default billing entity

Post by drtmz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:58 am

How do we set up a default billing entity? Support showed us how to set up an additional provider with the, in our case, LLC's NPI number and it works. But the front desk has to remember to change it each time they generate an insurance form.

Can this be done? Or can this information somehow be permanently added to the claim form?

drtmz

Re: Default billing entity

Post by drtmz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:00 am

That would be the claims form we all know and love.

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:50 am

this is just a few clicks...Setup>Practice>Choose default insurance billing provider from dropdown. This would be the entity provider that you have set up to use only as a billing provider.

drtmz

Post by drtmz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:29 am

Great. I looked right past that because there isn't any default choice in the drop down box. Thanks Little Brother!

drtmz

Post by drtmz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:32 am

Tried setting the default insurance billing provider to the LLC, Setup>Practice>Choose default insurance billing provider several times but it doesn't hold the selection as the default.
Is this a bug? We are on version 6.1.6.0.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:04 am

For new claims, right? You don't use the Clinics feature, do you? Other than that, I can't think of any reason at all why that default wouldn't be working. You could call and connect with one of our technicians, and show them the wrong behavior. If they can verify it, it will make its way onto the bugs list. But I'm skeptical that it's misbehaving.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com