Ortho and the Draw Function

For users or potential users.
murmsk

Ortho and the Draw Function

Post by murmsk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:09 pm

After looking through the feature request list it occurred to me that there is some redundance in some of the features and maybe it is time to reopen the discussion of how long term OD could be modified to suit ortho practices.

In the past we have asked for ortho graphics for brackets, archwires and the like. While this has been on the planned feature list for sometime, in part due to the complexity of 3d rendering it is still a way down the list.

After playing with the new draw function for the past few weeks I feel it has a great deal of potential in covering our ortho needs . If we could add simple 2d graphic to the chart for brackets, ocs, wire size and even mini implants, the arch wire and elastics could be drawn in. If the archwire is changed erase the old graphic and add a new one. With the ability to type on the chart we could add ob/oj , spacing or other measurements.

A save button would save a dated image of only the chart to a selected folder in the Image Module.

For general dentistry a small red i could designate incipient decay. Or and l could represent a leson that needs to be checked for change at each visit. There are a lot of possibilities.

What do people think?

steve
steve

sparkly

Re: Ortho and the Draw Function

Post by sparkly » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:02 pm

i like the idea of being able to notate CERTAIN things on the chart...the text box at the bottom sometimes jsut doesn't cut it to see things 'at-a-glance'. making it 2d would be adequate, as long as it showed up in the 'simple' view also. i'd say to code in several blank templates and every office can build its own using those, similar to our choices for procedure code tied in with colors and draw type.

don't have comments on ortho since i rarely have use for it, but hopefully the ortho users will find this suggestion well-thought out.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Yes, I would suggest putting that in as two requests:
1. Custom 2D graphics on tooth chart.
2. Typing on tooth chart.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

murmsk

Post by murmsk » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 am

I will but I would like some input before I do. We are beginning to get multiple requests for largely the same thing so I think it is useful to build a consensus before the request is made.

Steve
steve

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Both of my suggestions have been planned and are useful for any office, whether ortho or not.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com