Multiple Planned Appointments

For users or potential users.
drtech

Multiple Planned Appointments

Post by drtech » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 pm

I love being able to make multiple planned appointments! Now that we have been using it for a week or so, we have some suggestions for better efficiency...

1) Indicating when a planned appt status and when it has been completed like it used to. I suggest just implementing the same color preferences as in the otherappt window. That way if people don't want color they don't have to. Right now it is hard to tell what appointments are already done and which one should be next
2) Piggy backing off of the above comment... having the order change once a planned appointment is completed (have a line below the future planned appointments and the competed ones show up below that line and the ones yet to be completed still show above.) The next appointment in line would always be at the top, yet a record would be kept
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Planned Appointments

Post by jordansparks » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:21 pm

1. If they are done, they should be deleted. That's the whole point of planned appointments. Are you doing it some other way?
2. Again, why are they still hanging around if complete?
Making those changes will only confuse people. If we want to start discussing moving towards always retaining the planned appointments after they are done, then that's a complete paradigm shift. I'm open to the idea, but that's not the way the program is designed right now.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:32 am

I have a suggestion about the Multiple Planned Appointment Feature. Would it be possible to when you "Add" a planned appointment to choose where you want it in the order of the planned appointments? Presently, I believe the "Add" button always puts it in the last position on the list of planned appointments. We have struggled already when we mistakenly put the apppointments in the wrong order and we wanted to put something at the top of the list or in between two other planned appointments, we are unable to do so and we have to delete all of them and start over. This will also be a problem when a patient has a list of planned appointments but presents with a more urgent need that needs to be moved to the top of the list. This may already be possible and if so, I just haven't figured out the way to do it.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:50 am

That sounds like a great feature. It would probably be implemented as up and down arrows, like we have in some other parts of the program.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:48 am

1) Yes, I agree it keeps things simpler to just delete them, I wasn't completely sure if that is what you envisioned or not. Right now, it is just not easy to tell when one is completed. Like when you are ready to schedule a person's next appointment, it is hard to quickly see which one is next, #1 or #2. (is #1 what you did today or is it the next appointment? You can look at the date and see if it is scheduled today and think about what today's date is, but it seems to me we should just implement a simple color scheme to help identify.

Example. Highlighted in yellow like you have always had in the prog notes for today's procs. After you complete today's appointment, that attached planned appointment then turns gray or whatever other color you choose. That way it is easy to see that is the one to delete and someone didn't already do it and made a new next appointment. Would this be fine to enable?

3) I think that is certainly needed, a way to change the order. Arrows next to the buttons to add/delete?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com