Time units on the Planned appointment

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Time units on the Planned appointment

Post by fishdrzig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:00 am

I am reading and practicing with the online manual.
Question: When putting a planned appointment from the chart to the pinboard, how does the front desk know how much time to schedule? In the trial version, the pop up window can only display that info when brought to the appointment book.

nathansparks

Re: Time units on the Planned appointment

Post by nathansparks » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:58 pm

I believe the planned appointment has a length just like any other apt, see the bar on the left in the edit appointment screen when you click on the planned apt from either the chart module or apt module. I will check on this in a few hours but i am pretty sure.

nate

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:51 am

Let me rephrase my question, I don't think it was clear. When the planned appointment comes to the pinboard for the front desk to schedule, the amount of time needed is not showing up (like it would with a pop up window), so the front desk is not sure how much time to schedule for.
Does the search function also ask for time units needed so can search the schedule for say 45 min if a 45 min appointment is what is needed?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:05 pm

You mean when it's bigger than the pinboard itself? And you can't see the whole thing? Just drag it off for a moment and you will see how big it is. But how did it get on the pinboard in the first place? The front desk should have used the Make/Find Appt button at the middle right of the main Appointment module. In that case, http://www.open-dent.com/manual/apptsched.html does show the length of the planned appointment.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:35 am

Jordan

From the operatory, the assistant placed the planned appointment on the pinboard for the front desk to schedule a time so she knows what the next procedure to schedule is. It doesn't show the time units, however, so when she goes to run a search, she is not sure how much time is needed. I guess what I need to know is, does the search look for time units like MOGO, or just gives open days? I still can't get the search function to work even though I have my trial conversion running, appointment on the pinboard and provider schecule setup. I will call support today and see if they can help.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:22 am

It searches for provider time units, not just total appointment length.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com