same patient screen open

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

same patient screen open

Post by fishdrzig » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 am

I am currently a MOGO user, so all of my comparisons are coming from my experience with this PMS.
Question: Can the same patient be accessed at the same time by different computers in the office. For example, if my front desk in on a patient account module and I want to be in the same module at the same time from a different computer, is that possible? In MOGO, we all have to "get out" of the pateints chart for any other person to access it. Thanks

drtech

Re: same patient screen open

Post by drtech » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:18 am

almost everywhere, the data is accessible from as many places as you want at the same time. Yes, you can have the same patient's chart open all over your office you like...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

atd

Post by atd » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:07 am

I had a situation where a dentist and a hygienist both had a patient's chart displayed on different computers. The hygienist entered procedure notes, then the dentist went to add something to the notes - but the hygiene notes were not there and when he saved his notes, her notes were gone when she later pulled up the record on her computer. I haven't had time to test why this might have happened, but at the time my guess was that the dentist's computer was displaying the old notes and did not get "refreshed" after the hygiene notes had been added. I know the appointment module refreshes automatically, but what happens with the other modules? When a user opens an edit window, does it fetch the record again from the database in case there were changes saved by another user? Or does it edit what's already in memory on that computer?

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 am

by not "locking the chart" like some programs, you do run the small risk of overwriting or duplicating as in the above situation. This has happened to us about three times in the last few years with OD. Although with the notes, you never actually loose anything. Every note is saved....just the only thing that shows is the latest version. So what you need to do is click show Audit and both should be there if you wanted to copy the "overwritten" note back into the chart.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com