Suggestion for Chart Module

For users or potential users.
Chris Leiszler

Suggestion for Chart Module

Post by Chris Leiszler » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi-

I've been using OD for two months now and we're loving it. This is my first post on the forum, so forgive me if this isn't the place to give suggested improvements to the software.

The idea I had was to create a way to write notes for individual teeth. I was thinking that maybe you could right click or double click on the tooth, which would then give you a text box to write whatever you want regarding that tooth (i.e. "Watch" or "Crack in mesial marginal ridge", etc.) And then when you move the mouse over that tooth, a window could pop up that displays your note. (Just like when the patient's picture pops up in the Schedule module.)

Jordan, do you think that could ever be a possibility? You've probably already thought of this, but I thought I'd throw it out there just for kicks.

Thanks,

Chris

Nate

Post by Nate » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:54 pm

That does sound like an interesting and useful idea. As of now we typically enter 'watches' or 'cracks' in the space directly below the chart. I think I would use such a feature if it was available and easy to do, but Im sure I would continue to use the space below the chart because it catches the eye quickly.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Yes, of course that's planned. There are at least two different possible approaches.
1. Type in text.
2. Freehand annotations.
But the space below the graphical chart is very efficient in the meantime.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com