Recall reminders on the daily schedule

For users or potential users.
LAL2

Recall reminders on the daily schedule

Post by LAL2 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi - I would really find it convenient if we could have a patients recall date (and connected family members) automatically show up in bold red letters in the appointment bubble that highlights patient information on the schedule. Or another option would be to have the letter "R" (for "recall overdue" or FR for "family recalls overdue") automatically show up on the corner of the appointment itself. It would save going in and out of screens to note this information. I know ideally patients should schedule their next recall after each dental cleaning appointment. Since this doesn't always happen, we also try to catch the overdue patients when they come in for other procedures. Currently, I go through the schedule the day before, research each scheduled patient and then assign them a pop-up reminder noting that they or their family member are overdue so that we remember to help them schedule their needed appt. This is time consuming, but I feel it is important. Our office can be hectic, so it is helpful to have this "instant reminder" in the forefront of the schedule. Thanks for considering this option :-D

drtech

Re: RECALL REMINDERS on the DAILY SCHEDULE

Post by drtech » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:23 am

I think that is a great idea, I also am trying to get this type of feature in the chart module so you can see the status of films and when they are due from there. I am thinking for a lack of space, to put the recall info on a pop up bubble somewhere in the chart...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

LAL2

Re: RECALL REMINDERS on the DAILY SCHEDULE

Post by LAL2 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:12 am

Good morning - thanks for your reply and consideration! I like the reminder option for xrays needed as well. May I offer another possibility to this option. Would there be a way to tie the overdue/or needed xray patients to a "report button" that we could use 'to create a printed list for each days scheduled patients? The reason this would be valuable is that the printed list could be given daily to the hygienists for reference. I have found that they sometimes seem to lose tract of Full Mouth Series, or panorex films that need to be done at intervals, but sometimes in the busy routine of regular care, become overlooked because they are not taken near as often. (and we have excellent, meticulous hygienists) The list would also remove the front desk from being directly involved, so that no one perceives this as a personal issue. The parameters are set by "standard of care." Would this be a technology nightmare?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Recall reminders on the daily schedule

Post by jordansparks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:57 am

So, start with the simplest of the above requests and submit a feature request. It might look something like this:
Show overdue recall on appointment.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

LAL2

Re: Recall reminders on the daily schedule

Post by LAL2 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks, I really like that OD is so innovative and constantly seeking a higher level of operation. This is greatly appreciated!