Updates another question. Sorry.

For users or potential users.
jonesrdh

Updates another question. Sorry.

Post by jonesrdh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:33 am

So I was trying to help the receptionist out by researching an easy way to make labels for mass mailings. I see in the online index that there is a laser label feature, however I don't see it on our open dental.

So that led me to assume we needed to do an update. I went to help/update/check for updates and it says we are running the current version but we are running version 5.2.15.0. It looks like there are several versions after that when I look at the online help. How can I update to the most current version?

wjstarck

Re: Updates another question. Sorry.

Post by wjstarck » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:25 am

You could download the current trial version (5.7.16 currently) and run the installer. Make sure you shut down all workstations, run the database maintenance tool (Tools > Database Maintenance) and backup your current database (C:\mysql\data\opendental) and OpenDentImages folder before you run the installer.

Once you have 5.7.16 up and running, run the database maintenance tool again, backup again, and then go to Help > Update in OD. That will automatically download and upgrade your install, which will get you up to the latest version, which is 6.0.4.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Updates another question. Sorry.

Post by jordansparks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:52 am

Don't do that. Simply call us for the update code.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com