printing from linux workstation

For users or potential users.
ugach

printing from linux workstation

Post by ugach » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Anybody using linux workstation with mono? I just installed one on experimental basis. I copied a running version 6.0.2 from xp home machine to linux machine. I am running opensuse 10.3. Mysql is on windows xp home till I figure out how to get Linux raid mirroring fixed.

I get following message once I start mono opendental.exe.

Code: Select all

mono OpenDental.exe
libcups not found. To have printing support, you need cups installed
In fact I have cups installed and the printer is indeed shared on the net. In addition, I do not see any option to select the printer once I start the application.

BTW It spews out bunch of information about mono. Is this normal? Do I need to be worried about this or using linux workstation and data corruption in general?

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.ObjectDisposedException: The object was used after being disposed.
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle () [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle () [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:get_Handle ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:set_Visible (bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (Boolean Modal, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000]
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.Form mainForm) [0x00000]
  at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.Main () [0x00000]

richardwaite

Re: printing from linux workstation

Post by richardwaite » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 am

I think libcups is provided by the cups-devel package. I'm not sure what it's called on SUSE, but that should get you on the right track.

grahamde

Re: printing from linux workstation

Post by grahamde » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 am

The error text that you provided here is all being completely generated by MONO, as no such error texts exist in Open Dental explicitly. Therefore, I have two suggestions for you:

1)In the SUSE 10.3 Yast Software package manager, be sure you have ALL cups related packages installed just to be sure you are not missing the package that MONO is looking for.

2)Ensure that you have the latest version of MONO installed. The exact update instructions for MONO are located at http://www.open-dent.com/manual/clinuxmac.html, along with general information about MONO and Open Dental. Did you follow these instructions for your original setup?

Finally, were Open Dental and MONO ever working for you in the past, or is this your first time through? If the setup was working for you in the past, when did it stop working?

I hope this was helpful. Good luck.
Derek
Open Dental Software