virtual services

For users or potential users.
ramzi

virtual services

Post by ramzi » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:17 pm

Jordan,

not sure if you ahve seen the concept that planet dds is offering with thier denticon software, its a virtual assistant that is ofsite to answer calls and do any and all tasks that dont require a person in the office for.

I like the idea, but as for now you have to have denticon, which is something I will not do, due to the fact I am very happy with OD. But i do think the concept is very good, and Id like to hear if youve concidered doing this with OD,

would it have to wait until the web version of OD is fully functional?
would you creat a third party administrator to handle that part of the service?
do you have an idea how I can try to implement this for my office on a local level using OD?

thx
ramzi

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: virtual services

Post by jordansparks » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 pm

I have assumed that there was little demand for such a service among current OD users. But that assumption is certainly not universal. Now, keep in mind that any such service must be marked up by the service provider in order to cover wages, taxes, benfits, management, and overhead. Denticon was certainly not first. Here in Salem, Oregon, we have First Pacific Corporation, which has been doing this for decades. My understanding is that, due to the economy, they are laying off a few workers. But overall, their approach has been very successful.

No, it would not have to wait for a web version. As long as we set up proper remote connections, the current technology will work just fine.

All I can suggest is to add it as a feature request. Implementation will largely depend on demand. I know we could make a little money from it, but the management of the phone systems would be challenging, so it's unlikely that we would attempt it without sufficient demand from users.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

ramzi

Post by ramzi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:15 pm

i understand,
I may try to do it myself on a local level...with maybe a stay -at -home mom or such...

i think it would be nice because you then have someone who is dedicated to that task...

ok thanks anyway

ramzi

smileyguy

Post by smileyguy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:59 am

I would love to see this service as part of OD's offerings. I agree there are other virtual receptionist services available but none are trained on OD. If you could provide virtual receptionist services with remote login to answer pt questions or deal with scheduling that would be great.

Also, I am thinking about using StellaDesk for vitual insurance verification. Once they verify benefits is there a way to import this into our OD system? See www.stelladesk.com