Suggestions about referral slip

For users or potential users.
brentwood

Suggestions about referral slip

Post by brentwood » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:34 am

On the "Referrals for Patient" window, the "Referral Slip" button is used to "add" a new referral slip. I have clicked on it several times and thought it is for reviewing the existing referral slips for the highlighted doctors above. Could you change it to "Add Referral Slip"? It will be much clearer about its function.

Checkboxes in "Fill Sheet" window.
The checkboxes cover up the checkboxes on the background images. I have to move the mouse over to see if there is a checkbox there. Is it possible to make the checkboxes transparent, so the checkboxes on the background image are visible, and it is obvious to the user that there are checkboxes there to click? Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions about referral slip

Post by jordansparks » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:53 pm

For checkboxes, we certainly did try transparency, but current technology has weak support for transparency, and it wouldn't work. In situations like that, you should just add a rectangle object at that location which is slightly bigger than the checkbox.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 am

Is it possible to make the checkboxes in color just like "notes" such that we can tell easily that those are clickable? The background image is the original doctor's referral slip. Adding rectangles around them doesn't look good. Thanks.

atd

Post by atd » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 am

I know this is an old post I'm adding to, but my question is related...
Most referral slips I'm setting up have a section for teeth charting where you indicate which teeth you're referring for extraction. I've setup checkbox fields over each tooth, which then covers up the numbers. You can sort of see behind the numbers after you print (not very well though), but onscreen when they're filling out the form the numbers are completely hidden. How do others handle this? Do you use the mouse to draw a circle or X the tooth instead of setting up checkboxes? I definitely wouldn't want the wrong tooth to be checked!

savvy

Post by savvy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:25 am

I would like to see Auto Notes attached to these sheets.
Using drop down menus is quick and easy.
It seems that would make things much clearer......until transparency technology gets better.
My 2 cents.
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Usually just freehand drawing on that section works well. Users would x or circle just like they always have.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Jordan...

Did you ever consider adding a circle drawing tool for filling out a sheet? I have several referral forms that have too much background image to add 32 checkboxes for permanent teeth and 20 primary teeth checkboxes. I try to use the mouse to circle the teeth on my background image but my circles look like a retard drew them.
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

atd

Post by atd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 am

A circle drawing tool would be great. I find it very hard to make a circle with the mouse also.