Database maintenance

For users or potential users.
articaine

Database maintenance

Post by articaine » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 am

What exactly does this mean?

Deposit start date reset. <--- I get this almost everytime I run the Data base Maintenance

Warning! Hidden provider NOTE has claim payments entered as recently as 08/22/2008. This data will be missing on income reports. <--- How about this?
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Database maintenance

Post by jordansparks » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:49 pm

The deposit date is getting reset because your office staff is not doing it manually. In the edit deposit slip window, there's a start date. That's the date that's getting changed. It's harmless.

The second warning may or may not be a problem. On some reports, you only have the option of selecting multiple providers. There is no option for "all" providers. So naturally, even if you select all the providers, you are not including hidden providers. Reports have been improved, so now if you see an "all" checkbox or an "all" option as the first option in the list, then you don't have to worry about hidden providers getting missed. But my next question for you is, "why on earth is the NOTE provider getting claim payments entered and applied to them?"
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

articaine

Re: Database maintenance

Post by articaine » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Accidently, under edit patient window, "note" was selected under primary provider. This caused a claim filed under "NOTE" as the promary provider.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.