How to print single postcards?

For users or potential users.
brentwood

How to print single postcards?

Post by brentwood » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:56 am

I have been using sheets with four postcards. Now I want to design my own and print single postcards. I have set "Postcards per Sheet" to 1. But nothing comes out. Does anyone know how to make it work?

Maybe I have to adjust "Adjust Postcard Position in Inches". Do you know what values to put in? I have standard postcards. Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: How to print single postcards?

Post by jordansparks » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:44 pm

After you set it to 1, you try to print to a standard full sheet of paper and nothing comes out?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:31 am

That is a good suggestion. I tried to print on a letter size paper after I set it to 1. I found that it was printed on the upper left hand corner. It is like printing one card with setting of 4. I then did several experiments and found that I was able to position the printing to the card with "right" to 5.5 and "down" to 2.13. So essentially I am moving the card to the middle of the paper vertically (8.5 / 4) and all the way to the right (11 / 2). The preview doesn't look good at all. Also now my canon 4150 shows an error on the multi-feed tray. I have to turn the power off and back on to reset it.

I think we have to figure out how envelopes get printed. Simply limiting the printing to the first card on a letter size printing won't work for single postcards. Thanks.

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:17 am

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:44 am

I have added it as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com