recall recare reminders

For users or potential users.
mthomas

recall recare reminders

Post by mthomas » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 am

I was surprised when i could not find an efficient way to send recare reminder cards to scheduled patients in od. What strategies are others using to accomplish this. All other softwares that I have used can generate mailing labels or postcards for recall appointments scheduled in a specified date range, then update the pts data file to indicate that a card was sent. The patients appreciate these reminder cards. We usually mail them out two weeks in advance. OD seems to handle the unscheduled patients OK, but not the scheduled ones. :?:

ramzi

Re: recall recare reminders

Post by ramzi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:25 pm

OD can do all the functions you ask, its under the schedule list under appt confirmations

you need to call OD and they will walk you thru it

ramzi

mthomas

Post by mthomas » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:44 am

Yes I understand this function is built in, but the implementation seems to make some flawed assumptions. I only want to send reminders to pts with ' recall' proceedures. So, if someone has mistakenly assigned the doc to a future recall proceedure then when you filter based on provider these appointments would be missed. By the same token, if the doc does do hyg, then in order to send these same recall reminders, you would need to manually go through the entire list and deselect restorative proceedures. There may also be proceedures on the hyg schedule that may not require a reminder card, yet since the list is not filtered for proceedure code but only by provider, these pts will get a reminder.

I do not want to send a reminder card to every singl pt we are going to see in the next month.

It seems that the querry should be built to select all pts, regardless of provider who have a particular proceedure code in a particular date range, and generate a mailing list based on this. The recall set up section could be used to define a recall code as this may vary from practice to practice.

Or maybe I'm just nuts.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 am

No, you're not nuts. There are thousands of possible features, and that happens to be one feature that we have not yet attended to. We have never disinguished between recall and non-recall appointments for confirmation purposes. That feature request is already listed as "ability to filter confirmation list by appointment type". So you could go vote for it. Looks like it has zero votes so far.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

mthomas

Post by mthomas » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:28 pm

where do you vote? nevermind saw it in another reply

An additional feature would be a simple counter for reminder notices sent.

Tracey

Post by Tracey » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:54 am

Are we getting close on the votes for the Email - confirmation area?
Thanks;
TRACEY

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:55 am

Close to the votes? Well, there is no magic number (by that I mean there is no number of votes that guarantees the feature will be added immediately), but there are only 5 votes total for this feature. With each customer able to use 100 votes per office, that means that 1/20 of one customer wants the feature. I would expect that this is well below the radar. Are all of your 100 votes assigned to some request?