adding a custom tab

For users or potential users.
ramzi

adding a custom tab

Post by ramzi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:31 am

Dear Jordan,

I gotta say bravo on the sheets, OD has been a excellent decision for me....thanks

now on to my question....

I have my paper version of exam forms that I would like to keep...They are John Kois's forms.

I can now thanks to sheets customize my own sheet to make it identicle, and function the same....GREAT

but I still have nowhere to put it....so my question

can I (ie a programmer) make a custom module underneath the manage module that is called "Initial Exam" or "Kois Risk Factors" or whatever I want to call it...and within this tab have my custom sheets inside of it......

Obviously I would need a programmer for this, but it is possible?

If Yes, can I pay to have one of your programmers do this for me? Or do you have a programmer that is versed in OD that I could speak to?

Is this a bad idea?

do you have any other ideas how I can accomplish the goal I am trying t accomplish?

thx
ramzi

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: adding a custom tab

Post by jordansparks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:01 am

Well, start off by getting it into the feature request system. That system pretty much determines the order of new features. I think we hadn't really anticipated anyone using Sheets yet for general purpose exams. Looks like we need to find a place for them. I don't think we need a separate module. Don't forget that sheets show as line items in Chart and Account. So an Add button from the main toolbar will do the trick.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

ramzi

Post by ramzi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:04 am

ok I understand that they are a line item....

but I would need to view the entire page with a few clicks

im not sure what an add button from the main toolbar would do?? I cant visualize it?

would you be in chart module and click on a button and up comes the exam form in sheets format to view?

ill vote for it now
thx
ramzi

ramzi

Post by ramzi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:11 am

jordan

the way I could invision it would be, much like how you can create tabs at the bottom of the chart showing images from image module, if I could have a custom tab at the bottom of the chart that would be a sheet that I would create, then when doing an exam, I would click on that tab and sheet would pop up and I could fill out all the stuff, then it would store at the bottom as a tab and I could just click on it if/when i need it

by the way I voted for it 2 times but it gave me unhandles exemption please let me know if the vote was put in?

thx
ramzi

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Whenever something is a line item, you can double click on it to open it up, view it, manipulate it, print it, etc. And when you click the Add button, a new sheet would come up in the same manner. So one click for a new sheet, and two clicks to view a previous sheet.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:05 pm

As for the error, it looks like that server stopped responding about an hour ago. I won't be able to go down to the office to restart it until a bit later this afternoon. Sorry about the hassle. We're trying to get it so that I can restart it from home if I have to.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:02 am

Just found this post from a while ago. This is what I've been hoping for! I spoke with Jordan about this exact same thing. A separate module for exams would be great.

But now realizing with all the hours pouring in to customizing and configs, OD has way cool features that create a whole new fxnality. Since we can add a tab at the bottom of the Chart for "Exams" from a new Images folder, maybe just a custom sheet for exams (Initial Exam, Continuing Care Exam,Emergency Exam (with drop-downs would be phenomenal)) that would show in the progress notes as it already does. Then the sheet could be automatically saved as an image in a certain Images folder. So clicking the Exam tab at the bottom would bring up the thumbs and dates of the exams, so they can be accessed easily. So for now, just hoping for:
1. Add Drop-downs to sheets
2. Auto save certain sheets to certain Images folders
3. Added Static Tex Fields: Name Pref, Name MiddleI, Guar Pref Name, Guar L Name, Guar F Name, GradeLevel

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:14 am

Joe - Here's a thought for you (I'd like to take credit but it has been mentioned on the board in the past)..... A slider bar that would show dental restorations/conditions over time.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks, Rick. Just read your posts with Robert re the slider bar. Great idea- this would be Ultra-enhanced OD!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:24 am

ExamSheets are already well underway by the programmers. It will be a button in the toolbar of the Chart module. It will pull up a filtered list organized by date and it will allow you to add more exams. I suggest waiting to see how that works for you.
Jordan Sparks, DMD