Production Reports

For users or potential users.
Tracey

Production Reports

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:52 am

Secondary provider not on ins form - however she works on commission.

When sending claim forms we submit with the primary providers info.
Then when the claim comes in we were able to change the provider to the secondary dentist or the hygienist. Giving us a correct report
However - in reviewing the August reports I see that I am no longer able to change this...this is causing the secondary dentist and hygienist NOT to receive the proper report.
What has changed??? :roll:
I tried to go in and change them myself but I am not able to.
Thanks;
TRACEY

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Production Reports

Post by jordansparks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:21 am

There are two database tables involved: procedurelog (the procedures), and claimproc (the procedures linked to the claim). Both tables have a ProvNum column. When you create a claim, it copies the ProvNum from the procedurelog to the claimproc. If you later go back and change it in the procedurelog, it does not automatically also change in the claimproc. Remember that big bold warning at the bottom of the procedure edit window about recreating a claim if you change anything in the procedure. I think ProvNum is one of the relevant fields.

So... I'm surprised you were able to effectively change providers earlier. Have you considered trying to manually change the provider from inside the claimproc edit window as well? In other words, go into the claim, double click on a procedure, and change the provider there. If you change the provider you sort of have to change it in two places. There and in the procedure itself.

What's wrong with sending the actual treating provider information on the claim?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com