Are these bugs?

For users or potential users.
NODKAY

Are these bugs?

Post by NODKAY » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am

1. In "show" in the Chart Module, my hygienists is unable to choose both "Show only hygiene" and "Show only films and exams" at the same time. These are the two entries they are most concerned with, but they can only pick one or the other.

2. If "Show family comm entries by default" in Miscellaneous is unchecked, it has no effect in the chart module. If unchecked, family comm notes will still show up every time OD is restarted. One has to go to show and uncheck "Comm log Family" every time we reopen OD.

3. When we use the "Lab Case" button in the Chart Module, it always defaults to today's date, not the date an appointment is being made. Suppose a patient calls to schedule an appt. next Wednesday. My front desk staff click on the lab button, choose the lab we will be using and the procedure. The calculated "date time due" is from today. We always schedule the prep and the delivery appts. at the same time to be sure it's available and taken care of. There's no way to enter a date in the future so that the due date will calculate correctly.

4. This isn't a bug, but would it be possible to move the "Show graphical tooth chart" from "miscellaneous" to the Treatment plan Module so that it's easier to chose whether you want to print only treatment planned work vs. completed work, from one location. When I present the treatment plan to the pt. I print out a graphic w/o the fees. Pt's pay attention better when they aren't looking at the costs. When we're done, the pt. goes out to the front desk and my staff prints out the treatment plan fees w/o the graphic. I need to go to Misc. to check off the appropriate box and then go to Treatment plan and uncheck the correct boxes. She needs to back to Misc. to uncheck and then check off the correct one in Treatment plan. It would be nice if the all the options for printing were together.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Are these bugs?

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:41 pm

No, they are not bugs. They are all requests.

1. We did not add that feature. We don't recommend using it. If you choose to use it, it is what it is. You might find it useful, or you might not.

2. There are no sticky show selections in the Chart module. The checkbox in misc is in the Account module section, not the Chart module section.

3. The assumption is that you shedule one appointment in advance at a time. So it's optimized for you to be scheduling the delivery appointment at the time the patient is in for the prep appointment.

You could go vote for all those improvements
http://www.open-dent.com/manual/featurerequests.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com