Bug with referral slip pdf email attachment

For users or potential users.
brentwood

Bug with referral slip pdf email attachment

Post by brentwood » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 pm

I have a referral slip in landscape mode in "Sheet Def". I found that the generated pdf attachment in email is still in portrait mode. The printout is correct in landscape though. I have 5.8.6.0. Thanks.

sparkly

Re: Bug with referral slip pdf email attachment

Post by sparkly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 pm

i've had this issue with pdf before when printing from another source (OD, xray program, etc). When you hit print and the printer choices come up, you select Adobe PDF, you have to go into Properties and change the default of Adobe to generate a landscape pdf for this one instance. this is maybe at least a workaround for you...

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 pm

I guess I didn't make myself clear. It is not about printing. It is the pdf file in email attachment, which I have no control over. Here is how to reproduce it.

1. Click "Referral Slip" on "Referrals for patient" window. Then, on "Fill Sheet" window, click "Print/email" button.
2. The referral slip is in landscape mode when I set it up under "setup/sheets". Choose "email to referral". Then, I go to "edit email message" window.
3. Click on "ReferralSlip.pdf" in the box under "attach" button. You will see the pdf file is a landscape referral slip in portrait mode with right part being cut off.

Currently I send the carbon copy to the doctor through us mail. I plan to email them instead. With this problem, I cannot. I can't even send the copy through us mail any more since it is not the carbon copy with address and on the back.

I really need this fixed to use the referral slip function. Can we fix it at least in 5.9? Thanks.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:00 am

ok, i understand what you're describing. thanks for the heads up. i'm going to run into that same problem then when i finally input my landscape slips!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 am

It's been fixed, although not quite released yet.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com