Suggestions for referral slips in sheet

For users or potential users.
brentwood

Suggestions for referral slips in sheet

Post by brentwood » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:11 pm

I have tried the referral slip in 5.8.4. Here are are my comments.

1. Referral slip entries in chart: It is always "referralSlip". I have to double click to see what it is about. I have no idea which doctor I referred to on that day by looking at the chart.

2. In "Edit Referral Attachment" window, the "Referral Slips" window contain all the referral slips for this patient, which include all the doctors I refer to or from. All the entries have only dates on them. It is very confusing. I would like to see "Referral slip" window contains only referral slips for this particular doctor.

3. I would like to be able to export referral slip to , e.g. a pdf file. Right now I can only either print it or email it using the email in Open Dental. I have no way to get a soft copy and email it outside of Open Dental. Where do you save referral slips? I don't see them in image module. Do you save the data in database and construct the referral slip on the fly with the background image?

4. Colors for text: Right now, it is always black. It would be nice if we have choices for other colors. It will stand out if the blank referral slip is in black.

5. What do those numbers for width and height mean? I need to adjust those numbers in background image and "Edit Property" to get the best result. I found that 0 for pos x and y will cut off the image.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for referral slips in sheet

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:26 pm

1. Good point.
2. I think it's supposed to. This might be a bug.
3. It is stored as fields in the database and reconstructed on the fly.
4. Of course this is a planned impovement.
5. Well, the sheet itself can have a defined width and height. And the image can also have a width and height set. I can see how 0,0 would cut off an image due to printer limitations.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

brentwood

Re: Suggestions for referral slips in sheet

Post by brentwood » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

1. Can we have doctor's name and the "internal note" in the referral slip right below the entry of referral slip in Chart module? It will then be consistent with other procedures: procedure name, then notes below.
3. Can we have export function for referral slip? I don't set up email in Open Dental. I don't want assistents to send out emails in the name of the office. Besides, I want to have all the emails in one location for easy reference.
4. No problem. I can adjust the position, width, and height to get the best result.

It is good to know that you don't copy the background image in every referral slip. I can then scan the slips in higher resolution to make the slip look much better wthout increasing the space to save the slips.