Setting an appointment complete

For users or potential users.
atd

Setting an appointment complete

Post by atd » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:50 pm

DavidWolf wrote:I've noticed that you can right click on the appointment in the chart and a drop down windows opens which has "set complete" as an option, but when you click set complete on an appointment from the chart nothing happens?
I'm quoting from a different topic from awhile ago as I ran across the same problem today. I know the standard method is to set appointments complete from the appointment module, but since there's a "Set Complete" menu option in the Chart module I thought it would work the same way - but nothing happens. It would be nice to not have to go back to the appointment schedule to do this. If this shouldn't be an option, could it be removed from the menu?

Jorgebon

Re: Setting an appointment complete

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:57 pm

This feature is used for instances where you complete treatment in addition to the procedures included in the appointment. For example, a patient has a recall appointment and you Set Complete the appointment, but you then decide to fix a caries on that same appointment instead of having the patient come in some other day. In that case, you set complete the restoration from the chart. This avoids your having to edit the appointment procedures to add the new procedure.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:00 pm

I forgot to add that some offices may not use the appointment book feature of Open Dental. Their only option is to Set Complete from the chart.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

atd

Post by atd » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Yes, setting a procedure complete from the chart module works. But when trying to do the same to an appointment from the chart nothing happens.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm

atd wrote:
DavidWolf wrote:I've noticed that you can right click on the appointment in the chart and a drop down windows opens which has "set complete" as an option, but when you click set complete on an appointment from the chart nothing happens?
I'm quoting from a different topic from awhile ago as I ran across the same problem today. I know the standard method is to set appointments complete from the appointment module, but since there's a "Set Complete" menu option in the Chart module I thought it would work the same way - but nothing happens. It would be nice to not have to go back to the appointment schedule to do this. If this shouldn't be an option, could it be removed from the menu?
if i'm reading your post correctly, in 5.9.2 this is changed where you can only set an appointment complete (from the chart or appointment module) as opposed to the individual procedures. so in the chart module, right click on the appointment (i think the defualt color was purple) and "set complete" works now like it does in the appointment module.

if you need to add a procedure to the appointment cluster you can't just set it complete individually--you have to link it to the existing appointment and it'll set complete. if you want to go back to the 'old way' where you clicked on procedures only, it's in Setup Misc.