Walkout Statement for a single family member

For users or potential users.
cneelley

Walkout Statement for a single family member

Post by cneelley » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:14 pm

In version 5.8, we can now see at the top of account module the estimated balance of the patient, in addition to balance for family, with estimated insurance. I wonder if it would be possible to get a statement that the patient can take with them that would exactly match the patient's estimated balance, without all of the other family members balance stuff.

Dr. Neelley

jclaydds

Re: Walkout Statement for a single family member

Post by jclaydds » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:37 am

We have also been disappointed with walkout statements since upgrading to version 5.8.x There was a similar problem (bug?) in version 5.6.6 and it was corrected with the 5.6.7 update. In version 5.8.x, we get a lot more information than we want when we print a walkout statement. There is a way around it by going into more options and selecting the appropriate options but my front desk staff miss the single click of hitting walkout statement to get what they want. We called your open dental tech support but it seems they felt this may be an intended change. I think it probably is not what you intended. We liked the walkout statements better that were generated in version 5.7.x

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:06 pm

I've put it down as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:24 pm

jclaydds wrote:We have also been disappointed with walkout statements since upgrading to version 5.8.x There was a similar problem (bug?) in version 5.6.6 and it was corrected with the 5.6.7 update. In version 5.8.x, we get a lot more information than we want when we print a walkout statement. There is a way around it by going into more options and selecting the appropriate options but my front desk staff miss the single click of hitting walkout statement to get what they want. We called your open dental tech support but it seems they felt this may be an intended change. I think it probably is not what you intended. We liked the walkout statements better that were generated in version 5.7.x
sometimes simpler IS better.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:50 am

It's been fixed. It was never intended to show more than one patient.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm

I just printed out a walkout statement, and I was unable to get one that exactly matches "Pat Est Bal" at the top of the account module. The walkout statement starts with the whole family's balance, and all I want is this one patient's balance, to match the number at the top of the account module.

This family's estimated after insurance balance is wrong, and too complicated to fix until we are finished collecting all money from the insurance company for all family members. There are other family members who show a credit, but the credit is not real, as the insurance company made a mistake and overpaid, and for which they will catch later and send me a statement. There are claims out for other family members whose insurance estimate is off, and we know this. It is all too complicated to explain or even to understand, and that is why we are trying to get a statement for just one child at a time.

We are trying to give this college going child a statement to take home that makes some sense, if possible.

Version 5.8.4

thanks,

Dr. Neelley

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Forgot about the estimated balance. That's serious enough to be called a bug. We'll get started right away on getting that number onto the walkout.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:43 pm

cneelley wrote:I just printed out a walkout statement, and I was unable to get one that exactly matches "Pat Est Bal" at the top of the account module. The walkout statement starts with the whole family's balance, and all I want is this one patient's balance, to match the number at the top of the account module.
i just had this happen to me too (in 5.9.2)! Patient needed a walkout to submit to flexplan for one family member only. When it printed, it had other people's $$ in the balance forward. This then threw off all the $ for the window that the walkout was printed to. Good catch. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Well now, that's a whole new separate bug, even more serious than the first. It as also been put down. Thanks.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 pm

ok false alarm. the balance forward DID include other family members' balances (insurance and real) but the individual's calculations were right (something was misposted). The Total and Ins Est on the statement still do include family balances, not just the desired individual's.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Good, because I couldn't duplicate it. Back to work on the family totals.
Jordan Sparks, DMD