Charting Questions

For users or potential users.
parksjdp

Charting Questions

Post by parksjdp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Patient has a 3 unit bridge from 18-20 placed 8/06. Patient then comes in with fracture of 18 so that only the pfm on 20 remains. How do you update the chart so that the pfm's on 18 and 19 do not show up. I can't just delete the procedures because that will create a differnce in the account balance based on the original fee amounts.

Any help?
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Charting Questions

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:17 pm

I can't think of any way to make it go away. One rationale for this is that you want to be able to see that you did the work.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:21 am

I'm running into the same issue.
I have a patient that has existing failing restorations.
For example, #5 is a PFM w/rct, p/c with a fractured root; #10,11 and 13 are PFM bridge retainers with rct,p/c and fractured roots. #12 is a PFM pontic.
There are essentially four treatment plans: 1) referral to OS for ext of 5,10,11, &13; (2) Referral to OS for extraction and placement of implants #5,10,11,12 and 13; (3) Implant abutments and crowns on #5,10,11,12, and 13. AND (4) 3,4, 6,7,8,9,and 14 PFMs with an RPD replacing 5,10,11, 12, and 13.

I, and I assume any doctor and patient, wants to see just the individual graphics relating to the specific treatment plan.
Seeing a treatment plan for an RPD showing graphics of implants and crowns is very confusing......enough so to say forget it.

In other words, after the extraction of the unrestorable teeth, there should be no sign of the previous crown and bridge.
The implant referral t/p should only show implants in the extraction sites.
The abutment and crown t/p should show only implants and crowns in the now vacant teeth sites.
The RPD t/p should show proposed crowns and denture teeth.

What I get is a combination of everything.

How can I show JUST the graphics of the simulation of the completed treatment plan?

Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am

I don't know if this is a bug or not........

In the above example, if I choose tooth number 5 and select "missing", everything goes away (as expected).
However, when I choose teeth # 10, 11, 12 and 13 and select "missing" the crown graphics remain (the tooth, and Rct graphics are gone).

Cheers!!

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:17 pm

savvy wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or not........

In the above example, if I choose tooth number 5 and select "missing", everything goes away (as expected).
However, when I choose teeth # 10, 11, 12 and 13 and select "missing" the crown graphics remain (the tooth, and Rct graphics are gone).

Cheers!!
Yea, that was my original question. Now that bridge is no longer there, we have a couple of crowns just hanging off the end, like what a PD would look like, however I want the graphics gone, w/o deleting the procedure and messing up all the balances, etc.
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Open Dental used to have a feature where you could hide graphics by clicking on a checkbox in the procedure edit window. This feature was dropped a couple of years ago when the chart progressively got better and smarter. Still, there are some situations where the chart doesn't reflect the reality and I'm sure Jordan will eventually correct these situations. I would like to suggest that since these situations are relatively rare, maybe the hide graphics checkbox should be brought back as a way to "correct" the graphical chart.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:39 pm

I've known all along that we would eventually have to bring it back. But there just wasn't time. There are many other higher priorities than this right now, such as better handling of alternate TPs.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:58 pm

So.....is the "refuse to disappear bridge" a bug?

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't know. It would take me 15 minutes to answer that question.
Jordan Sparks, DMD