Chartless Notes Setup

For users or potential users.
Shoagland

Chartless Notes Setup

Post by Shoagland » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 pm

I was looking for opinions, or a "recipe" to move towards being chartless, I understand default settings for procedure codes. Opinions on Easy note pro?. I have digital for xrays, it is the written chart notes that seem overwhelming. Thanks, SH.

savvy

Re: Chartless Notes Setup

Post by savvy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:32 pm

I tried Easy Notes Pro. It's very complicated, but thorough. I'm now using Auto Notes. It's similar to ENP, but integrates better.
Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

gongguy

Post by gongguy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I've been playing around with Opendental, and have the guys looking at the conversion of my data... but I'm curious what you guys are talking about. Don't you set up automatic notes within OD? Or do I have to do something extra to get that going?

Thanks for any information you can provide a total OD novice!

Bob

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:30 pm

They are both talking about advanced scripted note generation. Sort of like an intelligent program that helps you create very detailed notes without doing any typing. A typical example of when this might be handy would be a limited exam. You would click on picklists to generate sentences instead of typing. I have now added some examples to the procedure edit page http://www.open-dent.com/manual/procedureedit.html My personal opinion on the matter is that ordinary templated notes are very efficient and accurate. But if the assistant is a very slow typist and the dentists likes very wordy notes, then scripting might be useful.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

gongguy

Post by gongguy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check out the auto notes setup. My assistants are slow typist and poor spellers... these templates might really speed things up!

Bob