Newbie Queries and wishlist

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Newbie Queries and wishlist

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:18 pm

So I have been using OD for a month!

I've got some newbie questions and some ideas that I have lifted from my old program. Consider this my wish list and also consider that I may have to go back and RTODM (Read the Open Dental Manual).

1) I would like to include the time on all reports. There are days when I run several receivable reports (especially if correcting for errors) where having the time keeps them straight.

2) I would love to have flags and indicators that tell me if images or progress notes are present for the patient. IOW, if the progress notes are set hidden, it would be great to have a little dashboard with green/red/yellow buttons indicating their status. Same with images/documents. To make more programming work for you <G>, each button could also turn the feature on and off.

3) I would love a flag if the patient is on unscheduled list and a flag if no recall appointment has been set in the appointment book. It would be nice to have this set of flags in an area on the chart screen or have the flags appear in a common format on every screen (ie. in the top menu bar)

4) How do you find a list of a family's appointments? And when the patient calls and asks, "When's my next appointment?" where do I find this?

5) In my old program, there was an onscreen round clock (very handy eye candy) and each date box had a drop down calendar that you accessed on the right handle of the box - not essential, but handy.

6) In our office we often make multiple appointments at one time: For example, Fred comes in for his recall appointment, there is a broken filling and he needs to be set for his next six month appointment - how is this handled?

7) After a recall appt is set complete it would be nice if a recall window popped up for the next appointment (ie in six months). This would save some clicks.

8) Could the physicians name be listed in the medical portion of the chart?

9) What program would I use to get all of the terminals to automatically log off (ie. at 5pm) ? I have found it pretty easy to forget about a treatment room and leave the record open.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Queries and wishlist

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:54 pm

4. Both are available using the Make/Find appointment button at the middle right of the Appointments module.
6. Due to my personal preference, this has not been a high priority. We wait until the patient comes in to schedule the subsequent appointment. But it is a popular request.

As a side note, within a few weeks, you won't have to post requests in the forum or by phone with us, and then wonder if they got lost in the shuffle. A built-in feature request system is nearly complete. It lets users submit requests, use points to vote on their favorites, see what everyone else is voting on, discuss a feature, etc. It's very very cool, and I think it should significantly improve user input into the direction of the programming. We'll probably have to beef up our server to handle the additional load.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Rickliftig wrote:So I have been using OD for a month!
4) How do you find a list of a family's appointments? And when the patient calls and asks, "When's my next appointment?" where do I find this?
6) In our office we often make multiple appointments at one time: For example, Fred comes in for his recall appointment, there is a broken filling and he needs to be set for his next six month appointment - how is this handled?
7) After a recall appt is set complete it would be nice if a recall window popped up for the next appointment (ie in six months). This would save some clicks.
Thanks in advance for all of your help.
4) If you select the pt in the Appt module and click "Make/Find Appt' under the pinboard it shows all the patient's appointments. In that same open screen you can click on other family member's names and see THEIR list of appts.

6) Once you're in the "make/Find Appt" screen, you just click "make recall appt" or "make new appt" to make as many appts for the patient that you want. they do have to be done one at a time though...since they're going to different days of the schedule.

7) Once the last recall appt is set complete, the program calculates the next due date. By clicking "Make recall," the calendar automatically jumps to that due date. Obviously the recall interval for the patient has to be set correctly to be effective....A one button click where you could edit the interval and make the appt for 6mo would be nice.

I like your ideas...talk about making OD slick. Hopefully some will make it in! Thanks for all your programming/query info you've already shared with us too!

savvy

Anybody have an answer for #9

Post by savvy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm

Anybody have an answer for #9.
My office is frequently guilty of this.
I never dreamed there might be some kind of software that would shut it down....or is there?

Cheers!!!

PS> I forgot about Intellident's clock...that was nice.
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:37 am

Open Dental will eventually have a feature built in to allow you to shut down all terminals from one location. The only thing we haven't quite figured out is how to treat a workstation that has a dialog box open and is waiting for user input. We might have to incorporate a 10 second warning or something like that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com