xCharge Feedback

For users or potential users.
savvy

xCharge Feedback

Post by savvy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:19 am

Sorry to start new topic, but the old one is locked.

Do I want to switch from First Data, previously known as Card Service International (through Academy forGeneral Dentistry) to X-Charge?
Why?
or
Why not?

On the previous thread, I saw that there are monthly fees.
It is listed as:
Monthy Fee $10/5
Monthly Fee Support $10/5

When does one get charged $10 and when does one get charged $5?

I have a Topaz T-L460-HSB Electronic Signature Device and a Cherry MY 7000 USB Keyboard.
What else do I need?
I currently use CardService Linksys LPAIO processing machine w/ attached model PIN 10 number keypad.
I average about $5K per month in transactions.

Don't be shy, 'cause I won't be....praise it, rip it or anything in between.

Cheers!!!
Savvy
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

nathansparks

Re: xCharge Feedback

Post by nathansparks » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Savvy,
Additional equipment: you might want a card reader that mounts on your monitor (less than $20, $10 last time I looked), won't need much else.

Fees: Sean from X-charge will go over the fees with you, I find he is very upfront and easy to talk to. He may still be on vacation, don't know, just give him a call

Sean McAnally
X-Charge Representative
Phone: 800.637.8268 ext. 242
Fax: 702.446.0396
Email: Sean.McAnally@x-charge.com

Why switch or not: 1) Save money or not, do the math then decide if it is better 2) well integrated with OD, maybe more convenient 3) you are thinking about switching so determine what that reason is and then dee if XCharge will solve/mitigate it. Talk to Sean.

Cheers,
Nathan

savvy

Post by savvy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks.
Just curious....
Why would I need another card reader if the keyboard already has one?

Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:38 am

Savvy,

I do not think you will need a card swiper I guess, you did not indicate that you had one:

have a Topaz T-L460-HSB Electronic Signature Device and a Cherry MY 7000 USB Keyboard.
What else do I need?
I currently use CardService Linksys LPAIO processing machine w/ attached model PIN 10 number keypad.

Nathan

opensource

Post by opensource » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Just so that I have the complete picture on X-charge...

-----------
This is what I know...

3 Year contract required - The cancellation fee is the equivalent of the balance of your 3-year contract's minimum monthly fees.

Visa/MC+Disc (Retail) Discount Rate 1.77% (Visa) / 1.87% (MC/Disc) Per Item Rate $ 0.19
Visa/MC+Disc (Debit) Discount Rate 1.49% Per Item Rate $ 0.23
Rewards Surcharge: 0.30% Non-Qualified Surcharge: 1.52%
Monthly Statement Fee $ 10.00 $ 5.00
Monthly XCharge Support $ 10.00 $ 5.00

No start-up fees, no membership or annual fees, no long-term lease requirements, no per call technical support fees.

Need to buy a magnetic swipe - Typical cost $10 to whatever kind you want

-------------
This i what I dont know..and it would be great if someone can help...
What is the rate for AmericanExpress & Discover card processing...is that completely handled by AmericanExpress / Discover....is there any charge added by X-charge on those transactions ?

Can I continue using the AMEX and Discover account that I have ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:46 pm

i'm also looking to switch if the numbers work for me. if you care to share what you find as the difference between xcharge rates and your current setup once you get to that point... ...

fyi: with many credit card processors, you jsut need you own merchant # for Discover, Amex, and MC/V and these are then all linked to your processor (xcharge) which talks between your bank and HSBC (the underwiter for xcharge).

you can see the Discover rate at the top of your post (MC and Disc are lumped). Discover rates are on par with MC/V. Amex is always higher...some people say 1%+ but Sean would be your best bet for that info. I think you'd need to set up new merchant accounts becuase they're the 'middleman' number between your bank and another bank...i would think that HSBC has its own numbered accounts to give out. as others have said, sean should be able to give you these answers quick and easy.

also, i looked for those magnetic swipes...i saw them for $80, not $10. am i missing something? are the $10 used? i'll do more ebay digging i guess.