LogMeIn Graphics Settings

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

LogMeIn Graphics Settings

Post by jclaydds » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:14 am

I use LogMeIn to remotely access my office computer from home. It works flawlessly as far as I can tell except for the 3D Tooth Chart. It won't show up on the screen when using LogMeIn remotely. I can go to File, Graphics and Select "Simple Tooth Chart" and I can see the simple tooth chart. Naturally, the simple tooth is not as pleasing to the eye and maybe it is because I am not use to looking at it but it doesn't seem to give you as much information either.

I would like to know if any of you use LogMeIn and if so, have you been able to tweak the graphic settings by selecting one of the 42 different graphic options that would allow me to see the 3D tooth chart using LogMeIn.

Another possibility is there may be a setting/option etc in LogMeIn that might make this work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

articaine

Re: LogMeIn Graphics Settings

Post by articaine » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 pm

When in logmein, goto the options setting in the upper right corner and play with the quality/speed function. I don't seem to be able to replicate that problem on my laptop and mine is from 2002. Possible graphics card issue.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

drtech

Post by drtech » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:50 pm

it used to do that to me....but now logmein works great with the 3D teeth. Just trial and error through a few different 3D settings in the graphics setup and see if it works for you.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

panamanian33

Post by panamanian33 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:01 pm

HI jclaydds, I have a couple of suggestions for you:

1. Make sure to update LogMeIn in the target computer. Right click on the "LogMeIn" icon on the tray and select "Tools", "Check for Updates". This will update LogMeIn to the latest version.

2.Once you logged in to your target computer (the one here at the office) you'll have some options on the upper right hand corner. These are the remote control options. Click on the "Options" and choose "Color quality" and then click on the 4th icon - the one that has the digital camera on it.

This should do the trick. Know that your response time and internet speed will decrease as you increase the resolution of your target Pc.

I hope it helps,

Alex

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:02 am

yes, the 4th option will give you the best color, but for my internet it is too slow for normal work. Now if i need to look at x-rays then you have to use that. I usually work with the #2 color setting or the one with the calculator for notes, checking the schedule, etc. the 3D tooth chart works fine on either color setting, it all has to do with the graphics settings in OD i am pretty sure if it is not showing up at all.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:56 am

I have been setting my Logmein to "match resolution" - this seems to give the best compromise of graphics vs. use. I have also set the 3d settings to off.

What I find strikes me very weird about a remote connection is when I access OD help over the internet through my remote connection... sort of like standing between two parallel mirrors.

Rick
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net