TP module

For users or potential users.
steveng

TP module

Post by steveng » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:10 am

TP in version 5.6.36 is acting different from previous version in cases when patient doesn't have insurance. Pat column is closing every time after adjustment to fees are made.

Also, suggestion for appointment edit screen. Currently it always defaults to UCR fees instead it should really show fee schedule assigned to that patient.
Thanks,
Steven G.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: TP module

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:14 pm

This was a "bug fix" in 5.6.36. The goal was to make it behave more like earlier versions of OD (5.4 and earlier?). It was pointed out to us that if a patient did not have insurance, then the pat column should not show. The only purpose of the pat column is to show the remainder after insurance estimates. So you actually want the pat column to show in addition to the fee column even if there are no insurance estimates? Can you explain further?

For the second issue. You must be talking about for PPO's right? The fees should be accurate, but maybe you are suggesting that the writeoff should be subtracted?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

steveng

Post by steveng » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:37 pm

1) I still have my laptop on version 5.5.11 where it still showing both Fee and Pat columns even when insurance and discount check marks are clear. Also when you print TP it prints columns that are shown. So new 5.6.36 (my current version) is printing only Fee column and not showing any adjustments made to saved TP. This helps a lot to show non-insured patient our fees along with discounted fees for case acceptance. We find it very helpful and works well.

2) It shows default UCR fees instead of contracted PPO fees that are assigned to the patient's plan. I was actually expecting to see the assigned fees and see the appointment totals based on that. I don't know what is behind the code for this screen but it will make front desk's fee collections easier.(I hope).
Thanks,
Steven G.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:56 pm

1. So what you're lamenting is the loss of the "standard fee" or "UCR fee" column. Yes, that's gone in 5.6. It was related to the PPO overhaul. We thought that the only reason for that column was for PPO plans. We didn't realize that people were using it for other purposes. With the addition of another column, there was no more room for that column. I think your problem will be largely addressed when we adapt the PPO discount column for use with other kinds of discounts as well.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

steveng

Post by steveng » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:19 pm

jordansparks wrote:1. So what you're lamenting is the loss of the "standard fee" or "UCR fee" column. Yes, that's gone in 5.6. It was related to the PPO overhaul. We thought that the only reason for that column was for PPO plans. We didn't realize that people were using it for other purposes. With the addition of another column, there was no more room for that column. I think your problem will be largely addressed when we adapt the PPO discount column for use with other kinds of discounts as well.
I hope this happens sooner than later. :D
Thanks,
Steven G.