Security issue and misc.

For users or potential users.
articaine

Security issue and misc.

Post by articaine » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

1. is there a way to have security set so that the fees in the treatment plan, chart, or procedure list cannot be changed? I can see if a staff in front changes the fee in the chart or treatment plan it would be easy to skim off the top. ie, the procedure is $500 and staff changes the fee to $400 and pockets $100; is there something already in there I'm not seeing that would keep this in check?

2. is there a way to have an audit function for ACCOUNTS, just like there is for CHARTS?

3. when logging in and out of OD multiple times, in the upper left where it states Open Dental { log in name } - patient the log-in name does not seem to change.

4. employee can edit time card, ONLY option to use is EDIT ALL TIMECARDS and nothing else. if this is not checked then employee can;t even clock in. if this is checked then employee can change the time.

Requests:
5. is it possible to have in the EDIT APPOINTMENT module, other than in the chart, a visual rep of a calender that would populate with all the pt's appts? like a highlighted box of the dates with appointments? or at least a date listing next to (other appts) in the EDIT APPOINTMENT box to view all scheduled appts?

6. as we have our computers in a cabinet one cannot hear the a MESSAGE such as PatReady, etc. I know that the icon highlights, but if other applications are open at the same time, can't see the flashing purple; a POP-UP window that opens ontop of all applications would be great, like yahoo messenger.

thanks.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Security issue and misc.

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:27 am

We'll keep all those requests in mind. Also:
3. I just put that down as a bug.
4. You need to attach users to employees. Then it will work fine.
6. Try the new task popups. You have to assign users to inboxes and make sure they subscribe to their own task list. The setup is mostly described in the manual. We use this all the time for instant messaging.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

articaine

Post by articaine » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:29 pm

Great, thanks. All are probably low priorty with the exception of #1. Embezzlement possibilities.

As for #4, I got it...FINALLY. :D

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Regarding time cards, I have noticed that if you check do not allow user to edit own time card, they are not even allowed to review previous time periods.
Would it be possible to not allow user editing but allow user reviewing of the previous time periods.

articaine

Post by articaine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 am

why view previous time periods?

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 am

I don't why....my employees seem to like to view them.
Probably because they try to calculate their pay between the end of the pay period and the actual payday.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:16 am

It's a reasonable request, but not a high priority. But I would like to once again encourage you to allow users to edit their own timecards. It's safe. They are allowed to add notes, and to delete erroneous entries. But notice that they can never "fake" a clock event. Every edit is tracked and very obvious. So they can't alter their time. Allowing them to "edit" their own timecard simply allows the user to effectively communicate and manage their timecard. It frees the manager from having to be constantly pulled away from more important duties to make clerical changes to timecards.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:48 pm

I am going to try allowing my employees to edit their own timecards and see how it works.
I just got burned by forgetting to pay them for the 4th of July.
If they could edit their own I can make them rersponsible for submitting their own vacation time.

I like that.....

Best regards.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Their request for vacation time has to go in as a note on the last day of the pay period. Make them finish their note a day before you calculate payroll hours or else you will have people adding vacation time requests too late, causing frustration for everyone.
Jordan Sparks, DMD