Treatment Plan Module pat column not hiding properly

For users or potential users.
DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:24 pm

I am using Ver 5.6.33.0

I am trying to print out a treatment plan and have unchecked Insurance estimates but the PAT column with the estimated payment amount doesn't go away.

Also is it be possible/ or would it be possible to have the Insurance estimates turned off as the default in the treatment plan module??

Thanks,
DW

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:41 pm

(I changed the description of this topic slightly. Hope you don't mind)

The first issue is already listed on our bugs page.

As for the second, can you remind me one more time how you are using the program? Do you have the option checked in Misc Setup for "Balances don't subtract ins estimate"? That option would be checked if you don't accept assignment of benefits.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DavidWolf

Re: Treatment Plan Module pat column not hiding properly

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:02 am

We have both; a couple of insurances that we consign with and then most that we don't consign with....
But we accept assignmenmt of benefits from any insurance that will pay us directly....So all of our patient's just have to make their co-payments at the time of service. So I think that having the insurance estimates deducted from the balance is the way to go when we are estimating the payment at the time of service....because we tell them after their insurance pays we will bill them the balance.

The problem we are having is that when we printout a proposal and give the patient the estimate in writing, (even though the insurance estimate disclaimer is on the bottom) the patient's tend to get upset when the insurance doesn't come close to paying what the printout stated. In my practice; it would just be better to have the insurance estimates turned off for the treatment plan module as the default. I can always uncheck the box, but since I always have to uncheck the box, defaulting to turning the insurance estimates off would be better/easier for my setup. Anyway, I understand if most people like it the way it is.....

Thanks as always for the efforts.