update problem

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

update problem

Post by jamesx2 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:00 pm

We have recently updated to 5.6.30 and now we have a bit of a problem. When we start the program on our workstations we get a message that the computer needs to be updated and it will take a few minutes. When I select update it locks up the computer. I have waited for 24 hours and still it does not complete the update. I realize that this is probably a network issue but I need to know if you know a possible solution for this, or if this will cause any problems. We have been using the program with no noticeable problems. We use a terminal server called citrix. We have had good luck with this system- I understand that some terminal servers do not allow people to use the graphic charting but we have had no problems with it.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: update problem

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Sorry, you're not giving me enough info about the problem. The message says the the "computer needs to be updated and it will take a few minutes"? That can't be right. What does the message really say? Any other messages involved?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:27 am

Sorry, the message says "A one time routine needs to be run. It will take a few minutes. Do you have time right now?" yes or no. If I select yes then it can run all night and when I come back into the office the next day it is still running. We all are now just canceling out of that screen and it takes us right into OD. Nothing seems to be effected by not updating it.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 am

Then click no, you don't have time right now. It is running a routine on your tasks. So you either have a huge number of tasks and a very slow connection to your server, or else the routine got into an infinite loop. If it's the infinite loop, then we will have to debug it on our end using a copy of your database.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com